Historic profile

kosciols

Parczew is one of the oldest towns in the Lublin region. The Town received civic rights in 1401 from the hands of Wladyslaw Jagiello, although the settlement with the same name existed earlier. In 1413 at the Congress of Horodlo, the city was designated as the place of Sejm sessions and Polish – Lithuanian conventions. This fact initiated the stable development of Parczewo and by the end of the sixteenth century the Town experienced a period of its greatest splendor. In those days Parczew was an important point on the political and economic map of The Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth.